Friday, February 18, 2011

Beets me

So, I am a beet lover.  I didn't know that until a couple of years ago when we joined a CSA at Jericho Settlers Farm. I love them roasted, I love them hot, I love them cold, I love them raw.   So, with a dinner invitation in a few hours and no time to go to the store, I see what's left from the farm.  In the words of my very  fancy four year old- Voila!






Raw Beet, Carrot and Ginger Salad
Ingredients
5 small beets 
2 carrots 
1/2 lemon juiced
1- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
4 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP raw honey
salt & pepper to taste

Peel and shred the beets and carrots.  (I used a food processor, but a hand grater or mandolin would work as well).  Place in a medium bowl.  In a small bowl mix together lemon juice, ginger, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Combine, cover & chill.




1 comment:

  1. Holy crap I like these beets! About 10 years ago I made a list of foods I didn't like because they are so few. #1 = beets. Thank the lord I made that list in pencil because after Lisa introduced me to her beets I had to erase them.

    ReplyDelete